2018 U.S. Amateur Championship Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve compiled a list of the questions you might have about the 2018 U.S. Amateur Championship. To jump to the section you’re most interested in, simply click on one of the links directly below.
What are the dates of the 2018 U.S. Amateur Championship?
Saturday, August 11 – Sunday, August 12, 2018 (Practice Rounds): Pebble Beach Golf Links and Spyglass Hill Golf Course
Monday, August 13 – Tuesday, August 14, 2018 (Stroke Play Rounds): Pebble Beach Golf Links and Spyglass Hill Golf Course
Wednesday, August 15 – Sunday, August 19, 2018 (Match Play Rounds): Pebble Beach Golf Links
I would like to make a guest room reservation at Pebble Beach Resorts during the U.S. Amateur. How can I do that?
When and where can I purchase tickets for the 2018 U.S. Amateur Championship?
I want to bring my child to the 2018 U.S. Amateur Championship. Does s/he need a ticket?
When does 2018 U.S. Amateur Championship merchandise go on sale?
What golf opportunities will be available during Championship Week at Pebble Beach Resorts?
The Links at Spanish Bay and Del Monte Golf Course: Available during the Championship Week.
Contact Resort Reservations for booking details at .
Does purchasing a ticket for the tournament include access into 17-Mile Drive?
Is 17-Mile Drive open to visitor or tour bus traffic during Championship Week?
Are Pebble Beach Resorts shops and restaurants open during the Championship Week?
Will The Spa at Pebble Beach be open during Championship Week?
Where is Will Call located?
Tickets can be picked up during Championship Week, Monday, August 13 – Sunday, August 19, 2018.
Where is Fan Parking for the Championship?
Wednesday – Sunday: Complimentary tournament parking is available inside Pebble Beach, adjacent from the Pebble Beach Practice Facility. Follow signs for Tournament Parking.
How do I travel between Pebble Beach Golf Links and Spyglass Hill Golf Course on Monday and Tuesday?
Where is Accessible Parking?
What is the policy on cell phones and photography?
Fans may carry mobile devices (i.e., cell phones, smartphones, PDAs) at the U.S. Amateur Championship and use them for limited purposes on the championship grounds, subject to the following restrictions:
- All device volume controls must be set to “silent” or “vibrate” at all times.
- Phone calls must not be received or placed in any area that may disrupt play.
- Use of approved devices for photographs must fall within the camera/photography policy.
- Video recording, audio recording and live broadcasting are not permitted at any time.
Texting and email are permissible throughout all areas of the golf course but use should NOT disrupt players. Violations of the above policy may result in immediate expulsion and loss of ticket privileges for the remainder of the championship.
Standalone cameras and mobile device camera features may only be used during practice rounds (Saturday, August 11 and Sunday, August 12). Both may only be used for personal photographic use. No photography is permitted in the presence of a player from the time he addresses the ball until the completion of his swing.
Video recording, audio recording and live broadcasting are not permitted at any time with any device.
Violation of the above policy may result in immediate expulsion and loss of ticket privileges for the remainder of the championship.
What items are prohibited at the 2018 U.S. Amateur Championship?
- Weapons (regardless of permit, including but not limited to firearms and knives)
- Explosives and/or fireworks of any kind
- Tablets and/or computers (cellular mobile devices less than 7” are permitted)
- Noise-producing devices (including portable speakers)
- Cameras (other than Saturday, August 11 and Sunday, August 12 for personal photographic use). Note: The use of cameras and mobile device camera features must follow the Camera/Photography Policy.
- Video and/or audio recording at any time with any device
- Backpacks, briefcases and/or large bags (larger than 6” x 6” x 6” in their natural state. Note: Transparent/clear plastic hand and shoulder bags no larger than 12” x 12” x 6” are permitted.
- Signs, posters and/or banners
- Food and/or beverages except for medical or infant needs
- Containers and/or coolers except for medical or infant needs. Note: Personal-care items (3 ounces or less) are permitted.
- Pets (other than service animals assisting fans)
- Lawn chairs and/or oversized chairs with arms (compact chairs without arms are permitted with no case)
- Ladders and/or step stools or other similar items
- Bicycles inside admission areas or on the championship grounds
- Other items deemed unlawful, dangerous or disruptive by the USGA and/or championship security personnel, by their sole discretion
Is there food and beverage for sale on the course?
Are there ATMs located in Pebble Beach?
Will there be any grandstands located on the course?
When and where will the pairings be available?
How many players are in the field each day?
Tuesday (2nd Round Stroke Play): 312 Players
Wednesday (1st Round Match Play): 64 Players
Thursday (2nd Round Match Play): Morning – 32 Players; Afternoon – 16 Players
Friday (Quarterfinals): 8 Players
Saturday (Semifinals): 4 Players
Sunday (Finals): 2 Players