2018 U.S. Amateur Championship Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve compiled a list of the questions you might have about the 2018 U.S. Amateur Championship. To jump to the section you’re most interested in, simply click on one of the links directly below.
Saturday, August 11 – Sunday, August 12, 2018 (Practice Rounds): Pebble Beach Golf Links and Spyglass Hill Golf Course
Monday, August 13 – Tuesday, August 14, 2018 (Stroke Play Rounds): Pebble Beach Golf Links and Spyglass Hill Golf Course
Wednesday, August 15 – Sunday, August 19, 2018 (Match Play Rounds): Pebble Beach Golf Links
I would like to make a guest room reservation at Pebble Beach Resorts during the U.S. Amateur. How can I do that?
The Links at Spanish Bay and Del Monte Golf Course: Available during the Championship Week.
Contact Resort Reservations for booking details at .
Tickets can be picked up during Championship Week, Monday, August 13 – Sunday, August 19, 2018.
Wednesday – Sunday: Complimentary tournament parking is available inside Pebble Beach, adjacent from the Pebble Beach Practice Facility. Follow signs for Tournament Parking.
How do I travel between Pebble Beach Golf Links and Spyglass Hill Golf Course on Monday and Tuesday?
Fans may carry mobile devices (i.e., cell phones, smartphones, PDAs) at the U.S. Amateur Championship and use them for limited purposes on the championship grounds, subject to the following restrictions:
- All device volume controls must be set to “silent” or “vibrate” at all times.
- Phone calls must not be received or placed in any area that may disrupt play.
- Use of approved devices for photographs must fall within the camera/photography policy.
- Video recording, audio recording and live broadcasting are not permitted at any time.
Texting and email are permissible throughout all areas of the golf course but use should NOT disrupt players. Violations of the above policy may result in immediate expulsion and loss of ticket privileges for the remainder of the championship.
Standalone cameras and mobile device camera features may only be used during practice rounds (Saturday, August 11 and Sunday, August 12). Both may only be used for personal photographic use. No photography is permitted in the presence of a player from the time he addresses the ball until the completion of his swing.
Video recording, audio recording and live broadcasting are not permitted at any time with any device.
Violation of the above policy may result in immediate expulsion and loss of ticket privileges for the remainder of the championship.
- Weapons (regardless of permit, including but not limited to firearms and knives)
- Explosives and/or fireworks of any kind
- Tablets and/or computers (cellular mobile devices less than 7” are permitted)
- Noise-producing devices (including portable speakers)
- Cameras (other than Saturday, August 11 and Sunday, August 12 for personal photographic use). Note: The use of cameras and mobile device camera features must follow the Camera/Photography Policy.
- Video and/or audio recording at any time with any device
- Backpacks, briefcases and/or large bags (larger than 6” x 6” x 6” in their natural state. Note: Transparent/clear plastic hand and shoulder bags no larger than 12” x 12” x 6” are permitted.
- Signs, posters and/or banners
- Food and/or beverages except for medical or infant needs
- Containers and/or coolers except for medical or infant needs. Note: Personal-care items (3 ounces or less) are permitted.
- Pets (other than service animals assisting fans)
- Lawn chairs and/or oversized chairs with arms (compact chairs without arms are permitted with no case)
- Ladders and/or step stools or other similar items
- Bicycles inside admission areas or on the championship grounds
- Other items deemed unlawful, dangerous or disruptive by the USGA and/or championship security personnel, by their sole discretion
Tuesday (2nd Round Stroke Play): 312 Players
Wednesday (1st Round Match Play): 64 Players
Thursday (2nd Round Match Play): Morning – 32 Players; Afternoon – 16 Players
Friday (Quarterfinals): 8 Players
Saturday (Semifinals): 4 Players
Sunday (Finals): 2 Players