We’ve compiled a list of the questions you might have about the 2018 U.S. Amateur Championship. To jump to the section you’re most interested in, simply click on one of the links directly below.
The U.S. Amateur Championship will take place August 11-19, 2018:
Saturday, August 11 – Sunday, August 12, 2018 (Practice Rounds): Pebble Beach Golf Links and Spyglass Hill Golf Course
Monday, August 13 – Tuesday, August 14, 2018 (Stroke Play Rounds): Pebble Beach Golf Links and Spyglass Hill Golf Course
Wednesday, August 15 – Sunday, August 19, 2018 (Match Play Rounds): Pebble Beach Golf Links
To check availability and secure guest rooms at Pebble Beach Resorts, please contact Resort Reservations at (800) 877-0597.
Under the USGA Junior Ticket Policy, children under the age of 17 receive free admission into the championship with a ticketed adult. There is a maximum of two Junior Tickets per one adult ticket. Further Junior Ticket questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
or by phone at (831) 622-8753.
Merchandise bearing the 2018 U.S. Amateur Championship logo is available in the U.S. Amateur Championship Shop at Pebble Beach Resorts, located at The Lodge at Pebble Beach.
Pebble Beach Golf Links is available; please call Pebble Beach Resorts Reservations at (855) 867-2933.
Tournament Opportunity: The U.S. Amateur Challenge is a unique opportunity to play Pebble Beach golf courses during the 2018 U.S. Amateur Championship Week. Learn more about this tournament at https://www.pebblebeach.com/golf/tournaments-you-can-play/
. For more information contact Margo Daniels, Assistant Tournament Director, at (831) 625-8556 and email@example.com
, or Meg Healy, Tournament Coordinator, at (831) 647-7500 and firstname.lastname@example.org
Non-Tournament Golf Opportunities:
Golf is subject to availability. Non-resort guests can reserve tee times at Spyglass Hill Golf Course three months in advance, and at The Links at Spanish Bay six months in advance. All Pebble Beach Resort guests can book golf at the time of the room reservation.
The Links at Spanish Bay and Del Monte Golf Course: Available during the Championship Week.
Contact Resort Reservations for booking details at (800) 877-0597.
Yes, access into 17-Mile Drive is included with any ticket purchase; please show your emailed receipt to the Security Guard at any of the gates.
Yes, 17-Mile Drive will be open to both car and tour bus traffic through Championship Week.
Yes, Pebble Beach Resorts shops and restaurants will be open to the general public during Championship Week.
Yes, The Spa at Pebble Beach will be open from 8:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. daily.
Will Call is located at the entrance to Pebble Beach Golf Links, near the Pro Shop.
Tickets can be picked up during Championship Week, Monday, August 13 – Sunday, August 19, 2018.
Monday and Tuesday: Complimentary tournament parking is available inside Pebble Beach, both adjacent to the Pebble Beach Golf Academy & Practice Facility and at Spyglass Hill Golf Course. Follow signs for Tournament Parking.
Wednesday – Sunday: Complimentary tournament parking is available inside Pebble Beach, adjacent from the Pebble Beach Practice Facility. Follow signs for Tournament Parking.
Spyglass Hill Golf Course and Pebble Beach Golf Links are a 5-minute drive apart. Fans can drive their vehicle from one course to the other.
Accessible Parking is located at The Lodge at Pebble Beach. Fans may park in any Pebble Beach Resorts accessible parking spots with a valid DP Placard or License Plate.
Mobile Device Policy:
Fans may carry mobile devices (i.e., cell phones, smartphones, PDAs) at the U.S. Amateur Championship and use them for limited purposes on the championship grounds, subject to the following restrictions:
- All device volume controls must be set to “silent” or “vibrate” at all times.
- Phone calls must not be received or placed in any area that may disrupt play.
- Use of approved devices for photographs must fall within the camera/photography policy.
- Video recording, audio recording and live broadcasting are not permitted at any time.
Texting and email are permissible throughout all areas of the golf course but use should NOT disrupt players. Violations of the above policy may result in immediate expulsion and loss of ticket privileges for the remainder of the championship.
Standalone cameras and mobile device camera features may only be used during practice rounds (Saturday, August 11 and Sunday, August 12). Both may only be used for personal photographic use. No photography is permitted in the presence of a player from the time he addresses the ball until the completion of his swing.
Video recording, audio recording and live broadcasting are not permitted at any time with any device.
Violation of the above policy may result in immediate expulsion and loss of ticket privileges for the remainder of the championship.
The following items are specifically prohibited inside the entrance gate of the 2018 U.S. Amateur Championship all week:
- Weapons (regardless of permit, including but not limited to firearms and knives)
- Explosives and/or fireworks of any kind
- Tablets and/or computers (cellular mobile devices less than 7” are permitted)
- Noise-producing devices (including portable speakers)
- Cameras (other than Saturday, August 11 and Sunday, August 12 for personal photographic use). Note: The use of cameras and mobile device camera features must follow the Camera/Photography Policy.
- Video and/or audio recording at any time with any device
- Backpacks, briefcases and/or large bags (larger than 6” x 6” x 6” in their natural state. Note: Transparent/clear plastic hand and shoulder bags no larger than 12” x 12” x 6” are permitted.
- Signs, posters and/or banners
- Food and/or beverages except for medical or infant needs
- Containers and/or coolers except for medical or infant needs. Note: Personal-care items (3 ounces or less) are permitted.
- Pets (other than service animals assisting fans)
- Lawn chairs and/or oversized chairs with arms (compact chairs without arms are permitted with no case)
- Ladders and/or step stools or other similar items
- Bicycles inside admission areas or on the championship grounds
- Other items deemed unlawful, dangerous or disruptive by the USGA and/or championship security personnel, by their sole discretion
Food and beverages are available on both golf courses.
There is an ATM machine at the Pebble Beach Market, located at The Lodge at Pebble Beach.
There will be no grandstands on either course during Championship Week.
Pairings will be available during Championship Week on the USGA website. Complimentary pairings will also be available at both courses Monday and Tuesday, and at Pebble Beach Golf Links on Wednesday – Sunday.
Monday (1st Round Stroke Play): 312 Players
Tuesday (2nd Round Stroke Play): 312 Players
Wednesday (1st Round Match Play): 64 Players
Thursday (2nd Round Match Play): Morning – 32 Players; Afternoon – 16 Players
Friday (Quarterfinals): 8 Players
Saturday (Semifinals): 4 Players
Sunday (Finals): 2 Players