Did You Know?
So how exactly do you pull off hosting a U.S. Open at Pebble Beach? Here are a few fun facts to help you appreciate the magnitude of the week:
- 6,500 volunteers work the week
- 175 courtesy cars are provided for competitors by Lexus and Toyota
- Approximately 1,500 media teams from 25 countries are at Pebble Beach to report on the Open
- 57 mowers and trimmers are used to prepare the course each day
- 4,400 tons of bunker sand will be used
- Food and beverage consumption looks something like this: 95,000 hot dogs, 30,000 hamburgers, 30,000 chicken breasts, 130,000 buns, 200,000 prawns, 850 pounds of smoked salmon, 55,000 pounds of beef and 180,000 servings of beer!