Pebble Beach Resorts Named 2018 North America Golf Resort of the Year by IAGTO
International award highlights resort’s quality, customer satisfaction and service
PEBBLE BEACH, CALIF. (December 12, 2017) – Pebble Beach Resorts has been named the 2018 North America Golf Resort of the Year by the International Association of Golf Tour Operators (IAGTO). The award was announced today at the golf tourism industry’s annual celebration of excellence, the IAGTO Awards, on the opening day of the 20th International Golf Travel Market (IGTM) in Cannes, France.
The North America Golf Resort of the Year award recognizes Pebble Beach Resorts for high marks in customer satisfaction, quality of golf courses and accommodations, value for price, tee time accessibility, and speed of communication and quality of service of the golf resort sales, marketing, reservation, administration and management staff. The award is voted on by more than 650 golf tour operator members of IAGTO, the global trade organization for the golf tourism industry.
“We are honored to be the recipient of this prestigious award, especially as we approach several milestones in our company history including the 2018 U.S. Amateur, 2019 U.S. Open and our centennial celebration in 2019,” said Bill Perocchi, CEO of Pebble Beach Company. “Our goal is always to exceed the expectations of our guests and provide a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and we are very proud to be recognized for the hard work that our valued employees provide on a daily basis.”
Pebble Beach Resorts is in the midst of a series of significant enhancements as the California coastal property prepares to host several major events. Among the enhancements and milestones:
- Fairway One at The Lodge: In August 2017, the resort opened Fairway One, a distinctive addition to The Lodge at Pebble Beach located along the first fairway of iconic Pebble Beach Golf Links. Fairway One encompasses three two-story buildings with 10 guest rooms each, two four-bedroom golf cottages with 1,000-square-foot living rooms, and the Fairway One Meeting Facility anchored by the Fairway One Room – all with unrivalled views of the golf course, internal gardens, or the Pacific Ocean.
- Guest Room Renovations: All 454 guest rooms at The Lodge at Pebble Beach, The Inn at Spanish Bay and Casa Palmero are undergoing renovations to include new bedrooms, furniture and accessories, technology upgrades, and the addition of air conditioning. The Lodge guest room buildings are also receiving exterior renovations. All upgrades are scheduled to be completed in advance of the 2019 U.S. Open at Pebble Beach.
- Golf Improvements and Restorations: Several subtle but important restorations have been made to Pebble Beach Golf Links – the No. 1 golf course in America as ranked by major industry publications – most recently bringing the greens on holes 9, 13, 14 and 17 to USGA Specifications. Additionally, at Spyglass Hill Golf Course, more prime tee times are available than ever before, allowing guests additional opportunities to play the challenging layout that is on the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am rotation and will co-host the 2018 U.S. Amateur for the second time. In 2014, the resort opened the Pebble Beach Golf Academy & Practice Facility, which offers the world’s most comprehensive technology and is a fitting addition to the acclaimed golf offerings at Pebble Beach.
- USGA Championships: In addition to hosting the 2018 U.S. Amateur and 2019 U.S. Open Championships – the fifth and sixth times, respectively, that Pebble Beach Golf Links will welcome these events – Pebble Beach was also recently awarded the 2023 U.S. Women’s Open for the first time and 2027 U.S. Open for the seventh time. Pebble Beach will now host four USGA championships in the next 10 years, bringing its total number of USGA championships to 15.
- Pebble Beach Centennial Celebration: The centennial celebration of Pebble Beach takes place in 2019, and with it the culmination of years of work dedicated to preparing Pebble Beach Resorts for the next 100 years. The Centennial will pay homage to the storied past of the resort, while recognizing its recent accomplishments. Considered a true American landmark, Pebble Beach Resorts is proud to share this special occasion with guests, employees and the community.
In addition to golf, guests have the opportunity to experience a number of lifestyle activities throughout Pebble Beach Resorts, including The Spa at Pebble Beach – a four-time Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star winner – along with acclaimed dining and shopping. The Pebble Beach Equestrian Center, 17-Mile Drive, tennis, fitness and more entertain guests, along with renowned annual special events.
Pebble Beach Resorts was also the 2017 winner of the IAGTO Sustainability Award for Resource Efficiency, which highlighted its wastewater reclamation program and renewable energy project, among other green initiatives. For more information on Pebble Beach Resorts, please visit pebblebeach.com or call (888) 251-9790.
About Pebble Beach Company
Pebble Beach Company, headquartered in Pebble Beach, Calif., owns and operates the world-famous Pebble Beach Resorts®, including The Lodge at Pebble Beach™, The Inn at Spanish Bay™, and Casa Palmero®. The company also operates four renowned golf courses: Pebble Beach Golf Links®, Spyglass Hill® Golf Course, The Links at Spanish Bay™, and Del Monte™ Golf Course. Its other famed properties include scenic 17-Mile Drive®, The Spa at Pebble Beach™, Pebble Beach Golf Academy™, and Pebble Beach® Equestrian Center. It annually hosts premier events such as the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance®, AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am, TaylorMade Pebble Beach Invitational presented by Dell EMC, Pebble Beachsm Food & Wine, and the PURE Insurance Championship Impacting The First Tee. Future site of the 2018 U.S Amateur, 2019 U.S. Open, 2023 U.S. Women’s Open and 2027 U.S. Open Championships, Pebble Beach Golf Links® has hosted five U.S. Opens, four U.S. Amateurs, one PGA Championship, and numerous other tournaments. For reservations or more information, please call 800-654-9300 or visit pebblebeach.com.
IAGTO is the global trade organization for the golf tourism industry, comprising almost 2,400 accredited golf tour operators, golf resorts, hotels, golf courses, receptive operators, airlines, tourist boards, approved media, and business partners in 98 countries. IAGTO operators control over 85% of golf holiday packages sold worldwide and their combined annual turnover exceed €2.1 billion each year. For more information about the IAGTO Awards, visit http://www.iagto.com/awards.
# # #
Director of Public Relations
Pebble Beach Company
Direct Line: (831) 625-8557
E-mail: [email protected]
View More Press Releases
Your Pebble Beach Vacation Awaits
Call Resort Reservations