To Make the Soup:
- Make a stock with corn husks and any vegetable scraps from above by simmering ingredients for about 20 minutes in about 1/2 gallon of water with salt and pepper.
- In a large stainless steel soup pot, sweat onions, peppers, ginger and celery with a little butter until soft and sweet.
- Add liquors and reduce by half.
- Add corn kernels and parsnips and season with salt and pepper. Sweat for two minutes then add cream and enough corn stock to bring to soup consistency. Taste and adjust if needed.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes. Puree in a blender, adding butter a bit at a time, and strain through a china cap then chenoise to achieve the smoothest consistency possible.
- Taste soup and re-season if needed. The soup is ready at this point and can be cooled down for use later or served warm as is.
To Make the Salad Garnish:
- Arrange the crab in the middle of wide-based soup bowls.
- Sprinkle on all other ingredients in an even, pleasing way. Bowls can be set at the table at this time.
- Pour soup around the garnish evenly and enjoy. Serves 6-8.